Friday, January 9, 2009

The First Weekly (Ever) Snaps To You Awards!

Snaps to you, Pakistan, for finally jumping on the bandwagon and issuing typewritten passports—as opposed to the handwritten, handicraft-style passports that were still issued out the back of a rickshaw as of 2008. We're so proud. Also, thanks for papadums.

If Turkey could please take note, and stop issuing passports with vital information spread over seven pages in eight colors like a bizarre children’s picture book, I’d appreciate it.

Secondary snaps to Pakistan, also, for winning the inaugural (both of 2009 and ever) Snaps to You Award, as designated by me. I’ll issue this award every Friday in celebration of things that make my life easier or generally delight me, that I feel you, my loyal/four readers, could benefit from knowing. I will not include people, places, or things that are already heralded worldwide, such as Dame Judy Dench, the iphone, and orgasms.

If you’d like to submit yourself or someone you’d like to publicly embarrass for the Snaps to You Award, I am open to bribes. I love jewelry, homemade muffins, and suitable-for-framing lolcat prints. Please be warned, though, that should you happen to submit your request the week that Helena Bonham Carter finally chooses to shower, you will automatically lose. Bribes are non-refundable, void where prohibited, nonredeemable for cash, and should be issued in small, unmarked bills/lolcats.

Should you be chosen as weekly recipient of the S2U Award, you will gain immediate fame, glory, international acclaim, and my permission to link to the prestigious award on your resume. Actually, my abject begging and pleading to link to me on your resume.

Please?

No comments: